Getting rid of stretch marks | Home remedies for stretch marks
Stretch marks are the scars that appear on your skin, these are nothing but tears in the dermis i.e. middle layer of skin. Stretch marks can be embarrassing, but it can be avoided in most cases.
What causes stretch marks :
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is also one of common cause of stretch marks in most of the women due to stomach expansion in quicker time. Also multiple pregnancies can also develop stretch marks after each pregnancy.
- Obesity and Rapid Weight Gain: This is the most common and predominant cause of stretch marks. With rapid weight gain in short period of time on different parts of with excessive fat will cause stretch marks.
- Genetics: If some family members have suffered from stretch marks earlier in the past. People may more likely inherit stretch marks.
- Hormones: Hormonal imbalances can also lead to stretch marks during puberty, pregnancy.
- Growth Spurts: During puberty Body tends to grow or expands faster than normally, which can lead to stretch marks.
- Muscle Growth: Athletes, weight lifter who ten to increase muscle growth at rapid pace are more likely to develop stretch marks. When the skin surrounding muscles forced to stretch can cause stretch marks.
Getting rid of stretch marks :
- Cocoa Butter: Cocoa butter is one of commonly used homemade cream for removing stretch marks. Mix 1/2 cup cocoa butter with 1 Tablespoon wheat germ oil, apricot kernel oil, Vitamin E oil and 2 Teaspoon grated beeswax. Heat the mixture till beeswax becomes liquid. Cool the solution and apply the cream on stretch marks.
- Vaseline: Vaseline can be used to treat stretch marks. Massaging Vaseline on to the stretch marks can yield good results.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Apply pure aloe vera gel on the stretch marks and massage it for 10 min daily. This can help in removing the scar formation on the skin and will treat the broken scar tissues on skin.
- Egg White: The protein in egg white can remove the scars completely. Apply egg white on the scars, leave it for some time and wash it.
- Apricot Scrub: Scrub made of apricot can reduce the stretchmark’s to some extent.
- Shea Butter: Natural Shea butter rich in Vitamins A and E can lighten the scars. Apply Shea butter on your stretch marks twice a day to achieve good results.
- Coffee: Lotion created from coffee can be used to treat stretch marks. Apply coffee lotion on scars and Massage it for 10 min daily.
- Body Massage: Massaging skin with olive oil or oil with Vitamin E may can prevent stretch marks.
- Castor Oil: Apply castor oil on the stretch marks and cover it with some cloth for 30 min.0 minutes. This will lighten stretch marks.