Home Remedy for Cough | Natural Cough Suppressant
Home remedy for cough:
- Turmeric and Honey: Having a mixture of 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey will be effective in treatment of dry cough.
- Honey and Cinnamon: Taking one spoon full of Honey mixed with Cinnamon every day can quiet cough to some extent. Honey and cinnamon contains anti-bacterial properties that will help to quite cough.
- Cardamom: Chewing cardamom will help you to reduce cough.
- Lemon: Lemon will help in loosening mucus and clear phlegm. Mix lemon with honey and gargle or mix 1/4 cup water with 2 tablespoons lemon.
- Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne will help in reducing pain in your chest, and helps soothe cough. Mix the 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper with 1/4 teaspoon of ginger and 1 tablespoon of honey with some water and consume the mixture thrice a day.
- Hot Tea: This will provide instant relief from cough. The steam provided by hot tea helps to loosen congestion, keeps you hydrated and soothe irritated tissues.
- Carrot Juice: Carrots contains many nutrients and vitamins that can help to reduce cough. Prepare carrot juice mix 2-3 teaspoons of warm honey and drinking this juice throughout the day will relieve your cough.
- Peppermint: Chewing peppermint candy or having a drop or two of high quality peppermint essential oil in a glass diluted with water may also help quite cough.
- Onions and Sugar: Onions with sugar will act on salivary glands to secrete, that in turn relaxes your throat and calms the cough. Slice an onion and Sprinkle sugar on it and heat it on low temperature for 10 min.
- Steam: Using a steam vaporizer or having Steamy shower can loosen congestion and helps you to feel good.
- Milk and Butter: Mixture of 1 cup of warm milk with 2 tablespoons butter can reduce dry cough
- Ginger Tonic: Ginger gives instant relief from sore throat and coughing. Mix crushed ginger pieces in regular tea or boiling water and consume.
- Guava: Having guava heated at low temperature can give you relief from cough.
- Milk and Turmeric: Drink made of warm milk mixed with ¼ tea spoon turmeric powder can give relief from cough.
- Betel Leaf: Betel has anti septic properties and is very useful for treating cough, having one betel leaf with 2 cloves after meals at bed time can reduce coughing.
- Basil: chewing 5-10 basil leaves with black peppercorns will give you immediate relief from cough.
- Jaggery: Mixture created from Jaggery and black pepper powder can help to reduce cough.
- Nutmeg(jayaphal): Consuming paste created from Jayaphal with honey thrice a day will reduce the cough.