Sore throat treatment | How to treat sore throat – Sore throat medicine
A sore throat is caused by one of the symptom of underlying illness like cold or flu or infection like strep throat or mononucleosis.
Most Common Causes of Sore throat are:
- Infection due to Viral or bacteria
- Fungal infection
Sore throat treatment – Home Remedies:
- Ginger Tea: Drinking ginger tea can provide you immediate relief to your sore throat. Crush ginger into small pieces add pieces to your normal tea while boiling. Keep it boiling for 5 minutes and consume the tea.
- Pineapple-Cayenne: Gargle pineapple juice mixed with cayenne can give relief for sore throat
- Elm powder: Gargle elm powder mixed with warm water can be effective in treating sore throat.
- Steam inhaling: Inhaling fumes of hot water can give you instant relief from sore throat.
- Masala Tea: Grind a teaspoon each of fennel seeds, black pepper corn, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and dry ginger add the mixture to boiling tea.
- Chamomile tea: This relieves throat pain when taken along with honey.
- Essential oils: Fumes of essential oils like lavender, eucalyptus oils can be inhaled by mixing with hot water.
- Ice cream and milk shakes: Can be give relief to sore throat.
- Chicken Soup: Hot chicken soup will give instant relief from sore throat.
- Strawberry tea- Cider vinegar: Mixed with water, salt, and turmeric will be effective for relieving pain. Mix 1 teaspoon of salt with a pinch of turmeric in 8 ounce of warm water. Consume the mixture when it becomes warm.
- Tulsi Leaves: Consuming water boiled with tulsi leaves will be effective in treating sore throat.
- Lemon: Warm water mixed with honey and lemon juice is good remedy for sore throat.
- Honey: A tablespoon of honey mixed with warm water can be used for treating sore throat.
- Humidifier: Use it moisturize the room to get rid of dry air which will irritate sore throat.