Sub Zonal Insemination (SUZI) Micro Assisted Fertilization (MAF)
These sophisticated expensive techniques are needed if:
- IVF or GIFT fails due to fertilization failure.
- Sperm binds to zona pellucida but fails to penetrate due to either spermal antibodies (or) antibodies to Zona pellucida.
- No or weak binding of sperm to zona.
- Oligo spermia & asthenospermia.
- Immunological derived infertility.
→Zona drilling (ZD) to allow spermal penetration has not been successful.
→Partial zonal dissection (PZD) or puncture followed by insemination has produced pregnancies, but polygamy & abnormal embryos have occurred.
→Sub zonal insemination (SUZI) in to perivitelline space is useful if the sperms are immotile (or) have reduced mortality.