Multiple Pregnancy / Twin Pregnancy – Investigations
Multiple Pregnancy / Twin Pregnancy – Investigations:
- two gestational sacs can be detected as early as 10th week of pregnancy
- Detection of two fetal heads and their accurate measurement of biparietal diameters can be made by the 14th week
- For assessment of placenta ion, sonar is done between 16-24 weeks.
- Is done less often these days. Two fetal heads and spines could be seen.
- Maternal serum chronic gonadotrophin, α fetoprotein and unconjugated oestriol are approximately double than those of singleton pregnancies. But their values cannot diagnose clearly a twin from a single fetus.